Preparing For Your Appointment
- Eat a full meal prior to treatment (unless you will be treated under IV sedation). For those receiving IV sedation, please refrain from eating or drinking at least 6 hours prior to your appointment). Click here to learn more about your options for sedation.
- Take your regular medication as prescribed by your doctor including antibiotics, but do not take any pain relievers six hours prior to your appointment.
- If you have been given other medications by Dr. Raymond to take prior to your appointment, take them as directed on the bottle. If you have been required to have a driver, make sure they drive you to the appointment and that they will be available to drive you home following treatment.
- Do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages from 12 hours before your procedure to 72 hours after.
- Avoid chewy, hard or sticky foods immediately before and for a few days after your procedure.