Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policies
Dear Valued Patients,
We appreciate the trust that you have placed in us to care for you and your dental needs.
In our effort to follow the latest guidance from the CDC and to do our part to limit the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community, we will be implementing the following adjustments to our office routines. We appreciate you and are grateful for your efforts to join us in confronting this evolving public health crisis. We are actively screening our patients and limiting our practice to one patient in the office at a time throughout the day to allow social distancing. We have always been and continue to be committed to keeping our office impeccably clean and sanitized. In response to the spread of COVID-19 in the community, we have increased the frequency of these cleaning routines and have implemented additional measures in accordance with the most up-to-date guidelines from the CDC, ADA (American Dental Associate), and OSHA (Occupation Safety and Health Administration). Our practice and clinical rooms are now equipped with medical grade air purifying systems. These HEPA H13 medical air-purifying filters remove 99.97% of the particles in the air (including bacteria, virus carriers, mold, dust, pollen, etc) and return clean, fresh air to our clinical rooms every 15 minutes.
You will notice some changes we have implemented when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff, and we are grateful for your cooperation.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. For your safety and that of others, we will be taking your temperature in the office to ensure it is not above 100.4 degrees F.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be limited to allow for social distancing between patients. We are not allowing more than 1 person in the waiting room at a time, so please fill out all patient registration forms online prior to your appointment to minimize the time you spend in the waiting room. We support the strategy of social distancing, and this might also mean that you will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment since we will be allowing more time for each patient.
- Please let us know when you have arrived for your appointment by phone or text message to (404) 500-8503. If you arrive early for your appointment, we ask that you wait outside in your vehicle. Once the prior patient has left the waiting room and we have completed our sanitization procedures, we will welcome you in for your appointment.
- Please only bring someone with you if absolutely necessary (driver, guardian, etc.). Please no children.
Again, thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We know that these and other changes may be inconvenient for both you and our office, however, we are confident that together we can protect your health and make a difference in our community.
Our thoughts and prayers remain with all those affected by this outbreak and affected by the measures taken to control it.
Richard L. Raymond, DMD, MScD, Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics Modern Endodontic of Buckhead
CDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
American Dental Association: Coronavirus Resource Center for Providers
OSHA: Occupational Safety and Health Administration